These materials are offered for use on those days when you make a conscious effort to remove yourself from the humdrum of daily life and enter into a time of quiet reflection and spirital regeneration. We offer a mix of written reflections, audio/video meditations, picture posts and poetry.
Stations of Lament
We are very pleased to showcase material provided for us by Rev Louise Carr from her textile art project:
Written Reflections / Quiet Day Resources
- Praying for your locality (pdf).
- Church without walls (pdf).
- Prayer walk (pdf).
- 30 Minute Serenity Prayer Labyrinth - online version - print version.
- Reflections and meditations for a time of quiet (pdf) - Matthew 13:44-46 (NRSV).
- Look at the birds (pdf).
- Journeying with the Good Shepherd (pdf) - Reflections on Psalm 23.
- On the Emmaus Road (pdf).
- Sabbath (pdf).
Audio/Video Meditations - Rev Christine Crabtree
- Psalm 139 (4 April 2020).
- Psalm 137 (7 April 2020).
- Daniel 6 (9 April 2020).
- Easter Saturday (11 April 2020).
- Easter Tuesday (14 April 2020).
- Psalm 46 (16 April 2020).
- Fallow Time - audio / video (20 Aoril 2020).
- Being Thankful (24 April 2020).
- Psalm 8 - audio / video (28 April 2020).
- Esther - audio / video (3 May 2020).
- Lost and Found (10 May 2020).
- If you fall down - audio / video (17 May 2020).
- Pentecost - audio / video (30 May 2020).
- I can't breathe (3 June 2020).
- The Shillingbury Blowers - audio / video (20 June 2020).
- The presence of God - audio (27 June 2020).
- All this for you - audio / video (30 June 2020).
- Back to normal - audio (15 July 2020).
Picture posts - Rev Phil Drake
Lockdown has opened up some opportunities for me, including looking through my collection of photographs taken over the years whilst away on holiday or as part of time spent nearer to home. It occurred to me that some of them could be used to share with others during these times of self-isolation and social distancing. Each week I will aim to offer four photos on a theme. You may wish to use them as an aid to reflection, or you may just be glad to see glimpses of the world beyond your immediate confines. Photography is not a hobby for me as such and I do not claim to take great photographs, but I hope that they might prove to be of help to you as we all seek to continue on the journey of faith even when, physically speaking, we cannot venture very far.
- The sign of the cross (pdf).
- Ascent (pdf).
- Water of life (pdf).
- Flora (pdf).
- Resting (pdf).
- Crossing places (pdf).
- Rock of ages (pdf).
- Trees in season (pdf).