These materials are offered for use on those days when you make a conscious effort to remove yourself from the humdrum of daily life and enter into a time of quiet reflection and spirital regeneration. We offer a mix of written reflections, audio/video meditations, picture posts and poetry.
Picture posts - Rev Phil Drake
Lockdown has opened up some opportunities for me, including looking through my collection of photographs taken over the years whilst away on holiday or as part of time spent nearer to home. It occurred to me that some of them could be used to share with others during these times of self-isolation and social distancing. Each week I will aim to offer four photos on a theme. You may wish to use them as an aid to reflection, or you may just be glad to see glimpses of the world beyond your immediate confines. Photography is not a hobby for me as such and I do not claim to take great photographs, but I hope that they might prove to be of help to you as we all seek to continue on the journey of faith even when, physically speaking, we cannot venture very far.
- The sign of the cross (pdf).
- Ascent (pdf).
- Water of life (pdf).
- Flora (pdf).
- Resting (pdf).
- Crossing places (pdf).
- Rock of ages (pdf).
- Trees in season (pdf).
Meditations from Rev Christine Crabtree unless otherwise stated.
- Psalm 139.
- Psalm 137.
- Daniel 6.
- Easter Saturday.
- Easter Tuesday.
- Psalm 46.
- Fallow Time.
- Being Thankful.
- Psalm 8.
- Lost and Found.
- If you fall down.
- I can't breathe.
- The Shillingbury Blowers.
- The presence of God.
- All this for you.
- Back to normal.
- Think on these things.
- After the flood - Jackie Marshall.
- When the music fades.
- Staycation - Jackie Marshall.
- A lamb on the wildside - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Know my anxious thoughts.
- Harvest - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Footsteps in the snow - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Theo's new clothes - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The land of three Gods - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The meeting by the well - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The cat and the dog in the outhouse - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The lamb that smiled - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Happy New Year.
- The bush that became a tree - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The eagle that learned to fly - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
Written Poetry / Reflections
- If you fall down (online | pdf) - Rev Christine Crabtree
- The wind among the trees (online | pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith
- Shifting position (pdf) - Rhona North.
- Would I rather be a llama (pdf) - Rhona North.
- Coronavirus Rainbow - Rev Christine Crabtree.
- Dawn of Glory - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Lockdown Garden (pdf) - Heather Ayrton.
- By the rivers of Babylon: Psalm 137 for the year 2020 - Rev Becki Stennett, Sept. 2020. (Shared with the Yorkshire West Methodist Synod, 12 September 2020).
- God, who are you? - Ruth Whitfield.
- A lamb on the wild side - audio / pdf - Roy Lorrain-Smith
- Harvest - audio / pdf - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Christ the King (pdf) - Heather Ayrton.
- Footsteps in the snow - audio / pdf - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Finding our way (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Strong words (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- Theo's new clothes (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The land of three Gods (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The meeting by the well (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The cat and the dog in the outhouse (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The lamb that smiled (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The bush that became a tree (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
- The eagle that learned to fly (pdf) - Roy Lorrain-Smith.
Quiet Day Resources
- Praying for your locality (pdf).
- Church without walls (pdf).
- Prayer walk (pdf).
- 30 Minute Serenity Prayer Labyrinth - online version - print version.
- Reflections and meditations for a time of quiet (pdf) - Matthew 13:44-46 (NRSV).
- Look at the birds (pdf).
- Journeying with the Good Shepherd (pdf) - Reflections on Psalm 23.
- On the Emmaus Road (pdf).
- Sabbath (pdf).
- Roses (pdf).
- The Old Jetty (pdf).
Jesus Shaped People
To accompany our Jesus Shaped People journey we have prepared materials for you to use on your own at home, to have a deeper experience of one aspect of the themes each week.
Stations of Lament
We are very pleased to showcase material provided for us by Rev Louise Carr from her textile art project: